I-751 Removal 
of conditions

We work with complicated immigration issues all over the United States to help our clients legalize their status.

Each case is different

If any of these situations sound familiar, do not hesitate to get in touch with us so we can look into your options together. You are not alone, and we are always here to listen. 

We would love to get to know your story and see what options could be available to you.

Each case is different, and in order to find out if you could be eligible to apply, you will require an evaluation from the attorney so she can provide an expert and personalized evaluation of your case. 

decorative text reading "Strong, dedicated, and always fighting for my clients"quote reading "Strong, dedicated, and always fighting for my clients."

I-751 Petition to remove conditions

Wedding rings on table surrounded by American flag
  • Beneficiaries of two-year green cards received through marriage must complete this process to have their conditions removed to become permanent residents.
  • Applicants will need to show proof that they married in good faith with the intention of starting a life together.
  • This is one of the most important steps in your immigration journey: Denial of your case could result in deportation.
  • We have extensive experience handling cases for happily married couples, as well as more complicated cases, such as divorced or separated applicants, or those who can’t rely on their spouse during this process.

I-751 divorce

There may still be hope for those who have gotten divorced or separated from their U.S. Citizen spouse, so they can still become permanent residents.

You must take action to save your case before two years have passed since the date of your divorce or separation.

If eligible, this waiver could help the applicant so they can start or continue their application without their spouse.

I-751 Extreme 
Cruelty waiver

This waiver could help those immigrants who received their two-year green card with their U.S. Citizen spouse, but where now things have changed in their marriage and their spouse is being controlling, threatening them, or refusing to help them complete their application.

If you’re going through certain types of marriage problems and have suffered from emotional or even physical mistreatment by your spouse, you might be eligible to file without their help and save your case.


You started the process with your spouse, but you have since gotten divorced or separated.
You haven’t started this process, but your spouse keeps delaying your application and you’re afraid to run out of time.
You’re stressed to bring up this topic to your spouse because they make you feel guilty about needing their help.
You suspect that your spouse has been hiding your documents, or trying to harm your application in some way.
Your spouse has threatened to stop helping you or to withdraw your application.
Your spouse says they won’t show up to your interview.
You’re scared to leave this harmful relationship because you’re scared of what will happen to you or to your children if you lose status.

Frequently Asked Questions


What is an I-751 Removal of Conditions?

When applying for a marriage-based green card, if you have been married for less than two year at the time your application is approved then you will receive a two-year Conditional Green Card.

Before it expires, you will have to complete a process called I-751 Removal of Conditions to get your ten-year Permanent Resident Green Card

Click here to learn more about this process


Can I still get a ten-year green card if I get divorced or separated from my spouse?

Yes, you may still be eligible if you and your spouse have divorced or separated within the last two year, but the process requires a special waiver.

If you’re currently going through this situation, please give us a call to see if we can help you continue your application without your spouse.


Can I still file if my spouse won’t help?

If your spouse is refusing to help, keeps delaying your application, or threatens to cancel or not show up for your interview you could be eligible to apply without their help.

If you’re currently going through this situation, please give us a call to see if we can help you continue your application without your spouse.

Let’s talk about it

Fill out the form below and we will be in touch to arrange your case evaluation.
*By selecting, you are agreeing to receive recurring messages. Text "help" for help & "stop" to unsubscribe. Message and Data rates may apply. Privacy Policy
Thank you!

Someone from our team will be in touch shortly.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Immigration Attorney Moumita smiling in blue dress